September 12, 2017 / Leave a Comment
Throughout this podcast, there’s a thread of equality for women, but today we’re tackling it head on and from an early age. The media has blown up recently with stories about educators requiring different dress codes for girls than for their boy counterparts in school, body shaming sixth graders, and much more. Is this kind of behavior the start of what leads to inequality in the workplace and things like the infamous “Google memo” this summer? We tackle it all here.
Articles/books/etc. mentioned on today’s podcast:
- Principal accused of fat shaming girls about wearing leggings
- Mom is not psyched about dress code for son’s pool party.
- The infamous mansplaining Google memo
- The full memo
- The pernicious science of James Damore’s Google memo
- I’m a woman in computer science. Let me ladysplain the Google memo to you.
- Female employee on the Google memo: ‘I don’t know how we could feel anything but attacked by that’
- Poll: Google was wrong to fire engineer over diversity memo